Thursday, May 15, 2003

Wisdom with age ?

Carly Simon... Coming around again..

I know nothing stays the same
But if your willing to play the game
It will be coming around again

So don't mind if I fall apart
There's more room in a broken heart
And I believe in love
Well what else can I do?
I'm so in love with you!

Funny how some things just don't make sense.. but with the passage of time, heartache, Love, devastation. the good and the bad.. things look different :/. I have heard the above song many times and always liked it. But the words never meant a thing. Now however I understand all too well :P
Too many people these days seems to eager to walk away from relationships. Falling at the first big hurdle. Loosing what it was that first made you fall in love with that special person :( But time has shown if you hang in there weather the storms together.. what you once had will with time respect trust and love return again and all the more stronger :) I can still see peoples faces in my mind, when hubby and I got together. "It will never last".. "I give them a year".. etc.. etc.. well you can understand it really.. There I was in my tight jeans and leather jacket.. Typical *Townie*.. and there he was in his overall and green wellies .. your average pig farmer :P. No wonder they had to put it down and not give it a chance. But here we are 10 years on :) One son, one minor breakdown, one near death experience, one cancer scare, one death of brain matter plus all the crap the kids have thrown at us over the years... Oh yes.. not forgetting the Bloody Golf..lol. Still here :).. I can close my eyes and remember the feeling I had the first time I met him (without the wellies).. Time is all we have folks.. so best take it day by day and enjoy it, as history as proved in my case .. you never know what massive low or high is round the corner. But most important is the love we share :)

XX sleep well

No comments: